Who is Kemi Badenoch?
Olukemi Olufunto Badenoch Adegoke who is popularly known as Kemi Badenoch was born in Wimbledon, London 2nd January, 1980 to a Nigerian parents Femi and Feyi Adegoke, she have 2 daughters and 1 son with her husband Hamish Badenoch.
Kemi Badenoch has served as Member of Parliament (MP) for Saffron Walden since 2017. She was re-elected in 2019 as the MP for the Saffron Walden constituency, she has therefore previously hold roles as Exchequer Secretary to the Treasury and Parliamentary under Secretary State at the Department for Education.
At the time of writing this article, Kemi Badenoch has already been eliminated from the UK conservative Party race, leaving three contenders still in the race to replace Boris Johnson as Prime Minister. The vote for the Prime Minister position didn’t really go well for Kemi as she only received the backing of 59 votes, while her contenders Rishi Sunak got 118 votes, Penny got 92 votes while Mordaunt and Liz Truss was supported by 86 votes.
Although Kemi Badenoch is still currently Minister for local Government, Faith and Communities at the Department of Levelling Up, Housing and Communities and also Minister for Equalities.
Ethnicity and Childhood
Kemi Badenoch was born in Wimbledon, London to parents from Nigerian Origin, Femi and Feyo Adegoke. Some of her Childhood where spent in the US and in Lagos, Nigeria. After which she returned to the UK at the age of 16, she has two siblings; a brother called Fola and a Sister called Lola
Kemi Badenoch studied Computer Science Engineering at the University of Sussex, she worked as a software Engineer at Logica after that, she went on to work at the Royal Bank of Scotland Group as a systems analyst before then working as an Associate Director at Coutts and again worked later as a Director at The Spectator Magazine.
Kemi Badenoch was born in Wimbledon, London, 2nd January 1980 to parents of Nigerian Origin
Kemi is happily married to Hamish Badenoch; the couple have 2 daughters and a son. Hamish Badenoch works for a Deutsche Bank, he was a Conservative Councillor from 2014 to 2018 on Merton London Borough Council, in 2015 he contested for the Northern Ireland Conservative at the General Election, but was unsuccessful.
Kemi Badenoch has been estimated to have a Net Worth of $4 Million in 2022. She primarily make her earnings from working as a Politician. Her Husband on the other hand has been estimated to have a Net Worth of $3 Million.
Here are some few facts about Kemi Badenoch
1. Badenoch full names are Olukemi Olufunto Badenoch Adegoke, was born in Wimbledon, London in 2nd January 1980 to a Nigerian Origin
2. She has two Siblings; a brother named Fola and a sister named Lola
3. Her Father, Femi was a doctor and her mother Feyi was a Professor of Physiology
4. She spent her Childhood days in Lagos, Nigeria before moving back to the UK at the age of 16
5. Badenoch studied System Engineering at Sussex University and also studies Law as part-time at the Birbeck University of London
6. She joined the Conservative Party in 2005 at the age of 25.
7. She was first elected as the Member of Parliament Saffron Walden on the 8th June, 2017, and she is also the first woman to represent that constituency
8. She became a vice-chair of the Conservative Party back in the year 2018, this is the role that put her in charge of selecting candidates for the 2022 general election
9. She was appointed the new the Junior minister for Children and Families by the UK former UK Prime Minister; Boris Johnson in July 2019
10. Badenoch voted for Prime Minister Theresa May’s Brexit withdrawal agreement in early 2019