First of all if you don’t know what a Coinbase is, let’s start by getting familiar with what coinbase
What is Coinbase?
Coinbase is a secure online wallet, where you can save, buy, sell, and transfer your funds in crypto currencies, it helps you convert your local currencies to crypto currencies, which allows you to make transactions around the Globe.
Can i buy crypto with a credit card on Coinbase
Yes you can buy Crypto, be it Bitcoin, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash, Dogecoin, etc on Coinbase using your Credit Card, but in most cases Coinbase primarily supports Debit Cards for Crypto Purchase. The reason been that most credit card issuers make crypto transactions very slow by holding the money as cash deposit and crediting in one or two days, however if your credit card issuer does not delay the transaction, then Coinbase night accept your payments to buy Crypto on the Platform
Can you use credit card to buy crypto?
yes you can use credit card to buy crypto depending on your credit card issuer, some credit cards cannot be used to buy crypto, while some credit card can be used, but the charges placed on them might be higher and the credit card crypto purchase will not be credited instantly, as it may take a day or two as this is seen as a cash advance by credit issuers, this is to ensure the transaction is valid and not in any way fraudulent, this can’t of delay might be scary to a lot of people, but it precautionary ways to secure your transactions on a credit card crypto purchase.
Which credit cards allow crypto currency purchases?
Credit Card Issuers such as American Express, Citibank, Capital One, and Chase Bank all accept crypto payment using their credit card. Not everybody is using this banks, as this banks are US based Banks, Although Citibank can be found in other countries. If you are not using any of these banks, it means you have to look for an alternative ways to get credit card. One of the best alternative ways is by signing up to online banks that offers credit card, like Barter. With Barter you can create a credit card which will be default in US Dollar Currency.
How do i put money on my Coinbase wallet with a credit card?
I am going to be walking you through how you can buy crypto using your credit card on Coinbase.
- First thing you should do, is to log on to your coinbase account
- Let’s say you want to buy Bitcoin
- Select Bitcoin and View Asset
- It will Open up a Buy, Sell, and Convert Option
- Click on Buy, and add the exact amount you wish to buy your Bitcoin with
- Then you will see “pay With”
- Click on it
- A modal will be opened
- Click on Add Payment Method
- A Pop up will appear, for you to select Credit/Debit Card
- Click on It
- Add your Card Name, Card Number, Expiry date, CVV and Postal Code to proceed
- Add your Card, then make payment
OR Use Coinbase Settings
You can also use the coinbase settings to add and save your payment method for use in buying crypto currencies directly on your coinbase wallet account.
- Go to Coinbase Settings
- Select Payment Methods
- Click on Add Payment Methods
- A pop up of several payment methods will appear, like: Paypal, Bank Account, and Credit/Debit Card Option
- Click on the Credit/Debit Card Option to Add your Card as Default Payment Method